Erimi is one of the most ancient village in Cyprus and also one of the first excavated Neolithic settlements (Porphyrios Dikaios 1935). The village is situated in the district of Limassol, on the old road from Limassol to Paphos, at the crossroads of the wine routes leading to the mountains.
The Cyprus Wine Museum was inaugurated on the 16th of November 2004 by the late President of the Republic of Cyprus Mr. Tassos Papadopoulos. It started operation in November 2004, after 6 years of hard work in restoring, expanding and decorating the 150 year old stone building
The Department of Antiquities is establisht in 1935. It is responsible for the excavation, conservation and promotion of ancient remains, and at the same time for the conservation, restoration and promotion of Cyprus’ ancient monuments as a whole. It is also responsible for the function, the enrichment, the expansion and the establishment of public archaeological museums.
The National Research Council (CNR) is a public organization; its duty is to carry out, promote, spread, transfer and improve research activities in the main sectors of knowledge growth and of its applications for the scientific, technological, economic and social development of the Country.